1. What are the sights and activities that should not be missed when visiting Dubai
and the United Arab Emirates?
2. What type of hotels are there in Dubai?
Dubai offers a wide range of accommodation options. Dubai has a wide range of
reasonable hotels with 3 star ratings and above, but also offers some of the most
luxurious hotels in the world, such as the famous Burj Al Arab.
3. When is the best time to visit Dubai?
You can visit Dubai all year round. Tourists visit Dubai from September to April.
4. What is the weather like in Dubai?
Dubai, known for its humid climate, experiences temperatures of up to 40 degrees
Celsius during the summer months (June to September). The winters from October to
April are pleasant and warm, with the high average of 24 degrees Celsius dropping to 14
degrees Celsius in the evening. It is important to remember that climate control is
everywhere in Dubai, regardless of the heat. Even in summer, people look harsh
because the air conditioning gets cold
5. Are there any special rates for "group bookings"?
We offer discounted rates for your group of people. Discounts depend on the size of the
6. How to book?
You can book online by email or call. Email us your name, expected arrival date and
total number of people, and advise us on your requirement, such as how many days the
package will be with or without the hotel. We will contact you as per your request. Once
you have received the quote from our side, please read the full package details along
with the terms and conditions and return to us for final confirmation, addition or removal
of any item.
7. What is the visa procedure for Indian visitors?
You need a pre-applied visa to come to Dubai. You will receive a single entry of a 30-day
renewable tourist visa. Before applying, make sure you have a passport valid for at least
six months and the required travel insurance.
8. When can I apply for a visa?
You can apply for a visa a maximum of 58 days before you travel and a minimum of 24
working hours before you travel. We recommend applying for your visa before
9. Do I have to apply for a visa at the same time I book the ticket?
No: You can apply for a visa at any time up to 24 working hours to travel. You can
access the online Visa application system at any time through our Booking section.
10. Can I travel by another airline once I get my visa?
No. Visas issued through this service are sponsored by Emirates if the visa holder
arrives at another airline, immigration officials will direct you to enter Dubai.
11. What is the procedure for applying for a UAE visa online?
You must have a valid Emirates booking to apply for a UAE visa online. You can start
the application process at www.emirates.com through the “Manage a Booking” tool. You
can choose the part of the trip that requires the visa and the name of the traveler
applying for the visa before providing the details and documents required to process the application along with the payment. After completing your application, we will contact you
within four international working days using the results of your visa application.
12. How long does it take to get a visa?
If all required documents are properly submitted, visas will usually be issued by email
within four working days of your application.
13. How to choose the best tour operator?
Dubai is a hub of tourism and every tour operator tries to attract tourists in different
ways. But never go for less than your full potential. You may not be able to repeat the
same tour because you lived in Dubai, and this may ruin your entire vacation. It is
therefore always recommended to choose someone with good service quality and
reasonable price. This will make your vacation unforgettable for the rest of your life.
14. What is the best way to travel in Dubai?
You can easily reach the shopping mall and other landmarks by the Dubai Metro, buses
and taxis. Dubai is a state-of-the-art RTA regulated and integrated transportation
system. You can check the complete map of the city on our site for better guidance.
15. What is the time zone in Dubai?
This is GMT / UTC +4 hours.
16. What is the time difference between India and Dubai?
Dubai - India is 1 hour and 30 minutes ahead of the United Arab Emirates.
17. What to experience in Dubai?
There are many things to do in Dubai, but if you've been here for a while, enjoy an
evening desert safari, evening dinner cruise and Dubai city tour.
18. What is the best way to travel Internally?
Dubai's bus network connects all major cities and tourist destinations in the city. You can
take a tour of the Economic Big Bus, which offers live commentary that takes you to all
the major attractions, as well as public access to the Dubai Museum and a crew cruise.
Metro comprehensively covers all major landmarks, and it is another mode of transportation. Taxis are a convenient way to get around and are easily accessible
throughout the city. Water buses are another economical and preferred way to travel
from Bur Dubai to Deira and back. You can rent a car and drive, but this is not advisable
as traffic congestion is bad in the city. For that you need a credit card and an
international driving license.
19. Is it easy to find transportation from Dubai Airport to other places in the city?
Transportation from Dubai Airport is very convenient. The most common mode of
transportation is many taxis, which measure and start at 25 dirhams. However, Dubai
Metro and public buses also operate at the airport. The journey to the city's central bus
stations costs 3 dirhams.
20. Is it better for tourists to use public transport in Dubai and the United Arab
The metro and buses in Dubai are well maintained and very good for transportation. The
Dubai Metro is considered one of the best in the Middle East. The city is still very car
oriented and you need to use taxis at least some time to get around.
21. What is the currency of Dubai?
The local currency is the United Arab Emirates Dirham. Dirhams are currently priced at
around 4 UAED to 1 USD and 5UED to 1 Euro.
22. How common is the use of credit cards in Dubai?
Credit cards can be used anywhere in Dubai. If you are unable to use a credit card at a
given store, there are usually ATM locations where you can withdraw money
23. Can I exchange dollars, euros or other currencies in Dubai?
Currency exchange is very convenient in Dubai. There are no currency restrictions and it
is easy to transfer at any major currency exchange locations and it is easy to find in most
central regions. You can withdraw money as all banks offer ATM facilities.
24. What is the check-in and check-out time at hotels in Dubai?
Checkout time is 12 noon at most hotels in Dubai, but you can make arrangements to
extend your checkout. Check-in is usually at 1pm, but you can make early and late
check-in arrangements if you need to.
25. What kind of food do I get in Dubai? Can I have a vegetarian meal in Dubai?
Dubai has world-class restaurants ranging from traditional Arabic cuisine to British,
Chinese, Filipino, French, German, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean,
Mediterranean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swiss and Thai. You can easily get
vegetarian food at most restaurants.
26. Do I have to follow any special dress code when visiting a mosque in Dubai?
All mosques in Dubai and the UAE require modest dress to respect Muslim religious
practices. All visitors should be included. Men should wear long pants and sleeves and
women should cover their ankles to the wrists. Strictly fitting clothes are also not allowed.
Women should cover their heads with a scarf that will be given to them if it is not in the
27. Do people in Dubai speak languages other than Arabic?
Arabic is the national language, but other languages are commonly spoken in some
parts of Dubai and the UAE. Dubai is an international city where many foreign nationals
from around the world speak a variety of languages. Most people in Dubai can speak
and understand at least basic English.
28. How do I get my visa to visit Dubai?
- Citizens of the following countries do not need a visa to travel to Dubai or the Emirates:
Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.
- Citizens of the following countries can obtain a 30-day visa on immigration without any
prior arrangements: Australia, Andorra, Austria, Brunei, Belgium, Denmark, Finland,
France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein,
Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San
Marino, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United
States of America, The Vatican. That visa can be extended for an additional 30 days for
- Travelers from other countries must arrange for a visa before traveling and have a
sponsor for their visa application.
- For visitors to Dubai and the United Arab Emirates, the passport must be valid for at
least 6 months from the date of their arrival. Other visa requirements may vary from
country to country.
29. Can I extend my tourist visa beyond the expiration date?
You can extend your tourist visa in the UAE. The original 30-day visa can be renewed
once for another 30 days.
30. Can I combine my visit to Dubai with another country?
Many travelers choose to combine a trip to Dubai and the UAE with a visit to other
countries in the region. Memphis Tours prides itself on offering a wide range of travel
services and tours in Egypt and Jordan. Visit our homepage to learn more.
31. Are there direct flights from the USA to Dubai?
Dubai Airport is a major hub for international travel. Flights arrive daily from around the
world, including several destinations in the United States.
32. Can I go to Dubai by sea?
Several cruise lines operating in the Persian Gulf and Indian Ocean stop at Dubai.
Memphis Tours is happy to offer short private tours for cruise travelers passing through
Dubai who do not wish to use the tour services offered by cruise companies. Passengers
will be issued a visa upon arrival at the port authorities and tours will start from there. If
you are planning a cruise to Dubai, check out the Shore Excursions section of our
33. Is it safe to visit Dubai? Do Dubai or the United Arab Emirates have any particular
- Dubai and the United Arab Emirates are very safe. The crime rate is very low and the
number of tourists involved in any type of theft or other crime is very low.
- It should be noted that the legal system in the United Arab Emirates is very different from
that of many other countries and the penalties for violating the law can be much stricter than usual. For example, public intoxication and public display of affection are
punishable by imprisonment immediately, and drug laws are strictly enforced.
- Laws may vary between Dubai and other emirates. Some are more conservative than
others. It is recommended that you familiarize yourself with these differences before
34. Is there any special advice for women travelers when visiting Dubai?
- In Dubai and especially in the more conservative emirates it is good to keep in mind the
cultural norms when dressing to avoid more attention from women. Dubai is an
international city, but the community is still conservative, so think about covering your
shoulders and knees and lowering your neck in shirts.
- This does not apply to private areas and resorts.
35. How to get a mobile connection in Dubai?
Getting a mobile phone connection in Dubai is easy. All you have to do is submit a copy
of your valid visa / passport to the nearest offices at Du Etisalat at the airport or to any
36. Can you find the recipes you like?
The best thing about a visit to Dubai is the food. You will be delighted to find almost all
types of food in different regions across Dubai.
37. Is alcohol allowed in Dubai?
Dubai law strictly prohibits the consumption of alcohol in public places and while driving.
However, alcohol is allowed in bars associated with hotels, clubs, restaurants, and
38. What are the alcohol laws in Dubai?
The minimum age for drinking in Dubai is 21 years. You will need to carry proof of an ID
when visiting a bar. Prohibition of alcohol in public places in Dubai is punishable by law.
You are not allowed to take alcohol to the beaches unless you own a liquor licensed
39. What are the restrictions on duty free alcohol and tobacco products?
There are some restrictions on the amount of alcohol and tobacco that can be brought in
duty free: 400 cigarettes, 50 cigars and 500 grams of loose tobacco are allowed. 4 liters
of alcohol / 2 cartoon beers per 24 cans is allowed.
40. Is it safe to visit Dubai and other emirates?
Dubai is one of the safest cities in the world. But make sure you follow the rules and
regulations. The UAE is a Muslim country, so religious sensitivity should be taken into
41. What are the tipping rules in Dubai?
Tipping in Dubai is not mandatory but is always expected. The ideal tipping fee for
porters, waiters and bellboys is around Rs 170-350. 10% of the total bill amount should
be given as a tip in restaurants and cafes.
42. Which items are prohibited from being taken to Dubai?
Drugs, narcotics, chemicals, organic fertilizers, khuskus (poppy seeds) or pan (beetroot
leaves), pornography, non-Islamic pamphlets for missionary work, fireworks, ivory,
weapons, ammunition, Laser pens, radar jammers / other illegal communication devices,
plants or endangered animals, and any other objects that do not comply with the UAE's
religious and moral values are prohibited. If caught, the offender will be severely
43. What is WiFi like?
Maintaining a relationship is easy in Dubai. The WiFi network is absolutely incredible and
you can connect to the airport, beach or private cars. Properly named WOW-Fi network
is a key feature of Dubai International Airport. At speeds of up to 100 Mbps, passengers
can enjoy a connection ten times faster than many Internet users get while waiting for
their flight. The Dubai Culture and Arts Authority has a similar initiative on the city's
cultural and heritage sites. The Authority is committed to providing high quality services
that support creativity, innovation and cultural exchange, and believe that this will enable
a faster Wi-Fi network.
44. How do I get around Dubai?
Dubai is easy to get around as there are plenty of great public transport options. The
Dubai Metro is the world's largest automated driverless train system. It stretches from
the city's airport to the Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Spa, and has another line connecting
the Old World suburbs with its own Dubai hub. It can accommodate 643 passengers on
a single track, and service waiting times range from 3.75 minutes to 7.5 minutes during
rush hour and off-peak hours. Metro is cheap and a day pass will cost A 5AUD. Other
transport options include driverless cars (on trial!), Taxis, Uber, and most recently the
45. What rules should I pay attention to?
As a Muslim country, the laws of the UAE reflect Islamic customs and beliefs. There are
some private practices in Australia that are not considered criminal, but can result in
fines, imprisonment, and deportation. These include insulting the royal family or the local
government or local officials, swearing, looting, posting photos of local events on social
media, taking photos with people in the background, and public displays of affection
(holding hands, kissing, touching).
46. What documents do I need to apply for? Do all family members have to submit
- Every traveler seeking a visa is required to submit the following documents in
electronic and color format: Scan passport image / bio page. Passports must be
valid for at least six months from the date of travel. Passport style color photo.
- Each application must be submitted by the main applicant: Proof of Residency,
e.g. Residence Visa, Utility Bill, Lease Agreement, Phone Bill, Credit Card Bill,
Print Official Printed Address Page in Passport.
- In addition, the following supporting documents, if available, will help you obtain a
visa and can be submitted during the application process under the 'Additional
Documents' section. Currently valid visas for any of the following countries:
Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Scotland, UK, USA and UAE. Evidence of
travel to any of the following countries over the past five years: Australia,
Canada, New Zealand, Scotland, UK, USA and UAE. Documents showing that
you have an investment of $ 8000 or more, or local income tax papers showing
that you have an annual income of $ 8000 or more. This can be in the form of
pay slips, bank statements or any local deposit.
- In some cases, other supporting documents, such as marriage certificates, may
be required: if so, we will contact you directly.
47. My passport expires soon - can I still get a visa?
The UAE requires all visitors to have a passport, which is valid for at least six months
from the date of arrival. If your passport is valid for less than six months, you will need to
renew it before traveling to the UAE for a visa.
48. Do children or infants need a visa?
Yes. All travelers, including children and infants, must have a visa to enter the UAE. This
includes babies who are carried on their parents' laps. We cannot process visas for
children approved by the parent's passport.
49. How do I get my visa?
All visas are sent by email to the email address provided at the beginning of the
50. If I want to cancel my visa, how do I go about it?
Your Visa Application Number and Emirates Booking Reference Number are required to
proceed with the cancellation request. Once the cancellation request has been
submitted, it cannot be undone